Holistic Treatment of Chiropractic Therapy
Chiropractic therapy is based on the principle that our bodies are in a continuous state of healing. Chiropractic practices are employed to promote the natural healing abilities of the human body. Chiropractic therapy is non-invasive and is practiced without the use of drugs or medicine. It is because of this non-invasive approach that a lot of people prefer chiropractic treatment. With the help of chiropractic method of treatment, the body recuperates on its own, become more resilient, stronger, and healthier overall.
The spine, a row of 26 bones in your back, apart from helping you to stand and bend, also protects your spinal cord from being hurt. Spinal subluxations are misalignments on your vertebrae which put pressure on your nervous system and can limit your normal spinal motion and function. This occurs when the spinal bones move out of their normal position. There are five components of the subluxation complex, these are as follows:
- Spinal Kinesiopathology– This occurs when the bones of the spine lose their normal motion and positional form. This can occur during an injury, strain, poor posture or other stresses. This can result in a decreased ability to turn or bend.
- Neuropathology– This occurs as a result of sensitive nerve tissue being squeezed, rubbed, stretched or twisted from misaligned joints. This causes symptoms of numbness, burning, or tingling in various parts of the body.
- Myopathology– This is commonly caused by nerve impulse impair from muscles that support the spine. Due to this, muscles weaken, atrophy, or become smaller, tighten and can even go into spasm. This can result in scar tissue that permanently affects the muscle’s elasticity.
- Histopathology– This affects the soft tissue near the spine. Pressure from the vertebrae can have adverse effects including herniating the disc spaces, causing them to tear, degenerate or bulge. Ligaments often stretch or tear and other soft tissues swell and inflame. This is a serious condition and may even result in permanent damage.
- Pathophysiology– This is a response to the body growing new bone in order to attempt to stabilize the joint. Over time these bony spurs can completely immobilize the joint causing scar tissue and long term damage or malfunction to other systems in the body.
The approach of chiropractors to treating patients is thus very holistic, targeting the overall wellness and health of the patients and not just the ailment. To accomplish this holistic approach, a chiropractor takes into consideration the following factors, such as diet, exercise, environment, rest, and heredity. Chiropractors may also incorporate lifestyle changes in order to achieve the best results from the treatment such as exercises, proper eating habits, and getting proper sleep and rest. The Chiropractic approach seeks to bring about just enough manual interventions that can allow the human body’s innate healing processes to gain the upper hand over the factors that create an ailment. Chiropractors do not just eliminate the ache but also seeks to understand and treat the root cause of the problem.
This holistic treatment comes with personalized and customized care for each client. Your Chiropractor will also recommend the right diet containing the essential nutrition, regular exercises for a fit body and lifestyle changes as well to reduce the stress in the patient’s life. Chiropractors believe that the body’s condition is influenced by the lifestyle that the patient follows from physical, chemical and emotional aspects.
Focus on Prevention
A Holistic Chiropractor is a chiropractor who goes beyond just adjusting the spine. Let’s face it; if a Chiropractor corrected the misaligned vertebrae (subluxation) solely without addressing the reason why the vertebrae went out of alignment, then the effect will remain only for a short while. When the patient goes back into their normal daily routine, the likelihood of the subluxation occurring again is very high. The patient will then require additional treatment for the subluxation since the reason for the condition still persists.
Therefore, the job of a Holistic Chiropractor is to investigate and find out the underlying cause of the subluxation and help their patient deal with those specific reasons. Identification of a client’s unique and specific stresses that create muscle tension and cause the vertebrae to be pulled out of their normal position (Subluxation), allows a Holistic Chiropractor to take care of your health with a focus on prevention. By addressing the underlying stress that leads to subluxation, a Holistic Chiropractor is better equipped to show you effective results that are faster and are more lasting, without the use of drugs or life-threatening surgeries.
Chiropractic is not just about back and neck pain. It keeps our whole body in alignment and the nerve supply to all the organs at its best. Chiropractic care is also preventive care and can very effectively treat neck pain, back pain, migraines, spondylitis, slip discs and disc herniation, as well as other ailments. Top sportsmen, such as Tiger Woods and top cricketers in India and celebrities such as Arnold Schwarzenegger choose chiropractic care to be in peak performance. Holistic chiropractic treatment is thus a well-known, established branch of health care, and is safe when performed by a certified, experienced practitioner. If you are thinking of seeking chiropractic care, walk into Dr. Spine Clinic. We want to be more than just a band-aid. We, at Dr. Spine Clinic want to inspire you toward the pinnacle of health and well-being.