Neck pain is quite regular among people. Mild ones could be a result of sleeping with a bad posture or working for long hours with the head bent down but it could be serious when the pain is due to other factors such as damaged joint, irritated nerves or any disease. Your neck hurts bad when you make any movement with your head. A stiff neck would recover itself in a day or two, but severe conditions would require urgent health treatment.
Neck Pain Treatment in Bangalore
Reasons for Neck Pain
- Strained muscle: Sitting before the laptop or smartphone for an extended period or reading books for a long time might strain your neck muscle and arouse pain. ‘
- Damaged bones or joints: If your joints near the neck damage there is a probability you experience unbearable pain. With age, these bones and joints deteriorate and hence neck pain becomes a chronic disorder.
- Irritated nerve: Bone spurs in the vertebra in the neck can press the nerve and cause irritations.
- Diseases: Certain diseases like arthritis can cause neck pains.
- Whiplash: Injury due to rapid movement in your neck
Treating Neck Pain at Home (initial steps)
Before going to a chiropractor, you might want to manage your neck pain at home. In the case of minor injuries or stiff neck, this will do the trick.
• Apply ice to the area that is paining. Swelling will be reduced due to the action of ice.
• Use a firm pillow instead of a soft one. Make sure your pillow isn’t very flat.
• Do light exercises with your neck to loosen the stiff muscles
• Avoid driving or any other exhaustive work.
If your home remedies don’t work, it is time to consult a professional.
Dr.Spine – The Trusted Clinic for Treatment of Neck Pain in Bangalore
- Cervical intervertebral disc injuries
- Cervical sprains
- Degenerative joint syndrome
- irritated nerves